The results of the educational project
A training program and curriculum development covering almost the entire chain of hemp cultivation and processing was implemented within the framework of the FUTURE IN HEMP – KNOW-HOW project.
The professionals involved in the training program and curriculum development were recognized domestic experts and practitioners in the field.
The teaching materials were compiled based on a uniform methodological guide in the following subjects:
- The industrial utilization possibilities of industrial hemp biopolymer and biocomposite and the current technological background of the processing.
- Processing hemp for healthcare purposes.
- The utilization of industrial hemp in the construction industry.
- The production and utilization opportunties of industrial hemp as a raw material.
- Fiber hemp in the textile industry.
- The production and utilization opportunities of industrial hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) in the food and cosmetic industry and the current technological background of the processing.
The professional translation of the teaching materials developed in Hungarian into Slovak and the adaptation to the Slovak economic environment were carried out by specialists of the Slovak Vocational and Adult Education Institute.
The project budget allowed for the development of 3 additional teaching aids for the practical training in addition to the planned commitment. These teaching materials were used during job training preparation for the processing of industrial hemp seed, in the textile- and construction industry, to support the acquisition of professional competences.
Training courses were implemented at companies processing industrial hemp, to ensure their workforce needs, following program development in accordance with adult education legislation. At the practical trainings aimed at hemp seed processing, textile product processing and utilization in the construction industry in addition to basic theory, the participants of the trainings were able to learn practical machinery and tool use, production technology and occupational helath & safety.